Skip to main content

"Succulent, supple & fleshy" Wine Orbit

"Instant appeal with plenty of tasty flavours" Wine Orbit

A great match with fresh seafood or a chicken Caesar salad

Spy Valley Single Estate Marlborough Pinot Gris 2018

$21.99p/Btl
6 Btls, $131.94 6 Btls, $114.73
Awarded 5 Stars Awarded 93/100 Points
Spy Valley Single Estate Marlborough Pinot Gris 2018

Spy Valley Single Estate Marlborough Pinot Gris 2018

The majority of the grapes for this wine are sourced from Johnson Vineyard, Waihopai Valley...
$21.99p/Btl
6 Btls, $131.94 6 Btls, $114.73

Accolades

Awarded 93/100 Points & 5 Stars

Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Jul 2019

Description

"It is delightfully fragrant on the nose showing golden peach, poached pear, spice and rich floral aromas, followed by a succulent palate that is supple and fleshy. The wine offers instant appeal with plenty of tasty flavours. At its best: now to 2022" Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Jul 2019

Pale straw colour in the glass. The bouquet is fragrant with aroms of sweet honeysuckle, almond pastry and quince. Creamy and full bodied with flavours of peach, nutmeg and pear tart. Concentration of fruit shows through with a supple underlying structure that leaves the wine fresh and vibrant on the finish.

The majority of the grapes (98.2%) for this wine are sourced from Johnson Vineyard, Waihopai Valley - alluvial stony silt loams, very well drained. The remaining 1.8% is sourced from the Outpost Vineyard, Omaka Valley - variable depth windblown clay/loess over a clay-bound glacial gravel. Direct North facing aspect, on moderately steep hillside slopes.

Hand harvested over 5 separate picks, the juice was gently whole bunch pressed and fermented in a mix of old oak vessels and stainless-steel tanks. Blending took place in October once fermentation was complete. Vertical shoot positioning, shoot and bunch thinning to restrict yield.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seal

Screw Cap

Payment

Alcohol

14%

Delivery

NZ (from $5.70)

Member Rating

NA

Welcome

to New Zealand’s #1 online wine community

Leave site
Your browser is out-of-date!
Update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now