Skip to main content

"Excellent fruit power combined with seductive oak infusion" Wine Orbit

"Gorgeously complex with golden peach, mango, vanillin oak & roasted hazelnut aromas" Wine Orbit

Brilliant with fish, seafood, poultry & pork

Mystery Gisborne Chardonnay 2021

Member rating / 7
$19.99p/Btl
Elsewhere $29.99 $26.08
12 Btls, $239.88 12 Btls, $208.59


Black Market Mystery Wines™ are simply wines we love, with the branding hidden and revealed only when it arrives at your door!


Awarded 5 Stars Awarded 93/100 Points
Mystery Gisborne Chardonnay 2021

Mystery Gisborne Chardonnay 2021

Member rating / 7
This is a 5 star award winning Chardonnay with a saving of $12 per bottle! Hurry, as there are only 200 cases available!
$19.99p/Btl
Elsewhere $29.99 $26.08
12 Btls, $239.88 12 Btls, $208.59

Accolades

Awarded 93/100 Points & 5 Stars

Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Dec 2021

Description

  • French oak
  • Stonefruit
  • Honey-dew melon
  • White florals

"Richly fruited and gorgeously complex with golden peach, mango, vanillin oak and roasted hazelnut aromas, it's succulent and creamy in the mouth displaying excellent fruit power combined with seductive oak infusion, making it delectable and highly enjoyable. At its best: now to 2025" Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Dec 2021

This is a 5 star award winning Chardonnay with a saving of $12 per bottle! Hurry, as there are only 200 cases available!

This wine is a lovely pale, straw gold. The nose presents white florals, ripe sweetcorn, stonefruit and honey-dew melon, backed by a dash of lees influence and subtle French oak. The wine is medium to full bodied with glorious texture, weight and length, and a delightful creaminess on the finish. It is ready to drink now, but will improve into the medium term with careful, cool cellaring.

A spectacular vintage in Gisborne, with warm, settled weather allowing harvest to take place at the perfect moment. Two separate parcels of Gisborne fruit were harvested in March. The free run went to barrel for a wild ferment with a small amount in tank to be inoculated with a commercial yeast strain. The barrel ferment components went through malolactic fermentation at the end of primary fermentation. The wine stayed in barrel/tank until October 2021. Overall, 20% of the assemblage saw new French oak and 75% was barrel fermented. The remaining 25% was tank fermented. The wine was bottled in November 2021.

Food Pairing: Match with seafood, chicken and pork.

 

 

Seal

Screw Cap

Payment

Alcohol

13%

Delivery

NZ $8.00

Member Rating

4.5 Stars

Share with a friend

User comments (5)

Add comment
D
Good value for money and a good tasting wine. Not sure I would like to pay full price though.

Dan - 24/03/2022

P
Nice and smooth chardy this one. A bit young and will likely benefit by storing for a year or two.

Phil - 30/01/2022

J
As promised.

John - 07/02/2022

L
Pretty good but quite young

Liz - 28/01/2022

Nice chardonnay and good for price.

Greg - 27/01/2022


Welcome

to New Zealand’s #1 online wine community

Leave site
Your browser is out-of-date!
Update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now