Skip to main content

A youthful Malbec full of blueberry, cocoa & violets

Generous & sensual, this is a luscious & rich Malbec

A chilled bottle will go beautifully with beef fajitas & big-flavoured salads

Q Malbec 2018 (Australia)

Member rating / 1
$15.99p/Btl
Elsewhere $19.99 $17.38
6 Btls, $95.94 6 Btls, $83.43
Awarded Double Gold Medal Awarded Gold Medal Awarded Gold Medal Awarded Gold Medal
Q Malbec 2018 (Australia)

Q Malbec 2018 (Australia)

Member rating / 1
At first, this Malbec is intense, juicy and super youthful 'grapiness', again, lots of blueberries...
$15.99p/Btl
Elsewhere $19.99 $17.38
6 Btls, $95.94 6 Btls, $83.43

Accolades

Awarded Double-Gold Medal

China Wine & Spirit Awards

Awarded Gold Medal

New Zealand International Wine Show 2019

Awarded Gold Medal

Catavinum World Wine & Spirit Competition

Awarded Gold Medal

International Wine Contest Bucharest

Description

This wine displays a bright, intense red with purple hues in the glass. The bouquet shows blueberries and classic Malbec mulberry with red cherries and notes of cedar, cocoa and wafts of violets. At first, this Malbec is intense, juicy and super youthful. The middle palate is generous, sensual and structured, despite the lashings of fresh fruit. The after palate is flavoursome and rich with sweet berry fruits, while notes of Damson plum sit on top of rolling red fruits and blueberry pie. The finish is lush and mouth filling, with a glycerol sweetness balanced by gentle tannins and a soft, fresh acidity. 

All three regions of grape origin experience warm days and cool nights, helping the grapes to mature over a longer period and thus producing grapes of full flavour, high sugars and sound fruit. 

All three components that make up the final blend were machine harvested and kept separate within the different regions. Primary fermentation took place in a combination of stainless-steel vats and 20 tonne open fermenters over a period of 7 to 10 days. Once dry on skins, the grapes were pressed out to individual tanks and kept full until a natural malo-lactic fermentation was completed. The individual components were tasted, and a blend was determined. Once blended, 20% of the wine went into barrels for 8 months. The barrels used are all 2-year-old American Hogsheads. The remaining 80% of the blend stayed in full stainless-steel tanks, which contain premium French oak staves. After 8 months, the 2 components were blended together, cold stabilised and filtered, ready for bottling. This results in a wine with purity of fruit that is unpretentious and eminently satisfying to allow for regular indulgence. 

Food Pairing: A chilled bottle will go beautifully with beef fajitas or big-flavoured salads. 

 

 

 

Seal

Screw Cap

Payment

Alcohol

14.7%

Delivery

NZ (from $5.70)

Member Rating

4 Stars

Welcome

to New Zealand’s #1 online wine community

Leave site
Your browser is out-of-date!
Update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now