Skip to main content

"Beautifully fruited & seductively complex" Wine Orbit

"Excellent weight & intensity, wonderfully complemented by creamy mouthfeel" Wine Orbit

Delicious with baked white fish, creamy pasta or roast chicken dishes

Thirty One Rows Marlborough Chardonnay 2019

Member rating / 18
$24.99p/Btl

Thirty One Rows Marlborough Chardonnay 2019

Member rating / 18
The Thirty One Rows vineyard is as rich in fertile soil as it is in history, located on an old alluvial gold-mining route...
$24.99p/Btl

Accolades

Awarded 94/100 Points & 5 Stars

Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Jun 2020

Description

  • French oak
  • Vanilla & roasted hazenut
  • Peach & mango
  • Succulent & creamy

"Beautifully fruited and seductively complex, the bouquet shows golden peach, fig, vanilla and roasted hazelnut characters. The palate delivers excellent weight and intensity, wonderfully complemented by creamy mouthfeel and well-pitched acidity, leading to a lengthy expansive finish. At its best: now to 2023" Sam Kim, Wine Orbit, Jun 2020

An inviting bouquet shows gold peach, mango and fig with vanillin oak character. Generous with excellent weight, concentrated flavours of peach and fig with a succulent and creamy fine textured finish.

The Thirty One Rows vineyard is as rich in fertile soil as it is in history, located on an old alluvial gold-mining route in the Onamalutu Valley, home to a significant gold rush in 1894. Now known as the emerging wine subregion of Northbank in Marlborough, Thirty One Rows is the number of rows of each ultra-low yielding and organically farmed, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

The fruit was hand harvested (1st vintage from this vineyard), gently pressed off directly to (65%) 2 & 3 year old French oak barriques while the remaining 35% into exquisite 1-year old teardrop shaped Perle de Quintessence French oak barrels to add complexity and offer a hint of soft oak aromatic. The wines were fermented using indigenous yeasts only, going through full malolactic fermentation and left on its fine lees allowed to age for 9 months prior to bottling which helps develops mid-palate weight adding to the wine’s intense fruit characters.

Seal

Screw Cap

Payment

Alcohol

14%

Delivery

NZ (from $5.70)

Member Rating

4 Stars

Share with a friend

User comments (6)

Add comment
Beautiful wine. Alc vol only 13.5% not 14.00% as stated. A really delicious drop.

Margaret - 19/02/2021

J
out of stock

John - 01/03/2021

M
A good average Chardy.

Malcolm - 28/02/2021

R
A very satisfying drop

Ray - 28/02/2021

J
Quite a pleasant fuller taste.

John - 01/03/2021

R
Overstated

Roger - 27/02/2021


Welcome

to New Zealand’s #1 online wine community

Leave site
Your browser is out-of-date!
Update your browser to view this website correctly.
Update my browser now